All Saints Church in Martock has recently undergone its quinquenial review. As with many historical buildings it requires regular maintenance to keep it’s doors open and to ensure that it is still standing for years to come.
The Church is Grade 1 listed and one of the oldest in the country. Dating back to the 13th century it was acquired by the Treasurer of Wells Cathedral in 1227. The tower dates from around 1505 and during 1645 the church was used as a billet and damaged by the troops of Oliver Cromwell after a battle at Bridgwater. The organ in the church was previously in Wells Cathedral.
4George, through its work with Martock Parish Council, is helping All Saints Church to identify potential sources of funding to carry out the much need work that was highlighted in the review.
Funding is required for work to the masonry, beautiful stained glass windows and to update the heating; something the parishioners will be grateful for!